Tuesday, 18 March 2014

You Are Good Enough!

One thing that us plus size bloggers enjoy is taking part in a good challenge. This time Debz aka Wannabe Princess  set us the task of spreading the message that YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! The idea was taken from a blog on tumblr and has been expanded a little. With so much ridicule and body snark spreading across webpages we are aiming to push out as many positive messages as we can by talking about a part of ourselves that we love.

Confidence is such an important thing and with this task, I decided to talk about my eyes. 
My eyes are my favourite part of my face and often, the facial feature I get the most compliments on. With all of my confidence battles over the years and all the time I spent hating myself and the way that I looked, I have always loved my eyes. 




In these pictures I am wearing varying degrees of eye make up. The first 2 shots are a few years old but I like how my eyes look in them. 
I am pictured with absolutely no make on in the second picture. 

Whenever I meet someone new for the first time, their eyes are what first strike me about their appearance. I think you can tell a lot about a person through the looks and the expressions they make with their eyes. I definitely agree with that age old saying 'the eyes are the window to the soul'. 

In my case I really like the shape and size of my eyes. Whenever I look back on pictures of myself, my eyes always look really bright and expressive. Even though we all scrap those bad pictures of ourselves that will never make it online, I often find myself saying something like 'shame about my hair but my eyes look nice!' For me I would say that they are the main focus on my face, which might explain why I spend more time putting on my eye make up then I often do putting my outfits together!

We all have those parts of ourselves that we may not like very much. 
I think that until we can learn to embrace those problem areas we should really embrace those bits we love the most. Despite what goes on in today's society and what things are pushed our way it's important for you to remember that YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! 


I would love to hear what your favourite body part is and why so please feel free to drop me a message.

Check out some of the posts by the other bloggers taking part:




No comments:

Post a Comment