Sunday, 14 September 2014

Liebster Award



Starting out as a blogger is a new and exciting experience. Suddenly you find yourself surrounded by loads of like minded people, quite a bit of a social scene and loads of online interaction. Whilst scrolling through Twitter the other day I had received a notification from a friend and fellow blogger Michaela aka Cardifforniagurl

To my surprise Michaela had nominated me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster is an online award that recognises newer bloggers for their contributions to the blogging world, in a way it's bit of  a "welcome to the family of bloggers" type of thing. Michaela enlisted me with some questions to answer, so without further ado here are my answers: 



1. What made you want to start blogging?
After years of hating my personal appearance I finally woke up one day and thought I'm in my twenties why am I dressing like I'm 15 years older than I am?! I literally changed my outlook overnight! I guess it's true what they say when you've had enough, something just clicks. After discovering how much fun I could have with fashion and experimenting with different looks I started to receive a really positive response from friends and acquaintances on my social media pages like Facebook and twitter. I got to a point when I thought rather than constantly answering the same questions about what I was doing and where I was shopping I may as well set up a page and then friends and anyone with an interest can take a look at it at their own leisure. 


2. What is your favourite fashion brand?
That's a really tough question! I tend to go to different brands for different styles of clothing. For vintage fashion I love Collectif clothing, for more modern items and casuals Junarose, Simplybe, Fashion World, Asos and Evans are also top favourites of mine. Like I said a hard one for me to answer and there are still so many other brands I could have named lol! 


3. Who is your favourite band/artist?
Michael Jackson! Hands down he is my ultimate artist, always has been and always will be. 


4. What's your favourite colour?
Blue. I love all shades of the colour and whenever I see cute clothes and accessories in the blue I just have to have them!


5. If you could be anyone famous for the day who would you be?
This is such a tough question. I think I would want to be someone like Elizabeth Taylor. She is one of the most beautiful women ever! Also I love her passion and her fight, the way she became an activist and supporter to those dealing with HIV and Aids was so honourable. There are many more people it would be amazing to be for the day but she's one of the first to come to my mind. 


6. Cats or dogs?
Cats all the way! I love them!


7. What is your current job?
I sell kitchens and bathrooms for a living, not as glamorous as one would hope but it pays the bills...


8. Where is your dream holiday location?
Miami! Sun, Sea, Sand, gorgeous location and amazing music! All the things I love rolled into one place!


9. What is your favourite beauty brand?
For Pampering I would have to say Lush, for make up I tend to use a lot of Sleek products and for fragrance Jo Malone.


10. Would you rather be twice as smart or twice as happy? 
I think twice as happy. For one thing nobody likes a brainy box know it all lol. No seriously I think I would rather be happier, the little things can keep you smiling and those are the things that mean a lot to me personally. Good question!




In true Liebster tradition I shall nominate some bloggers that I follow and present them with a list of questions. So my nominees are:

Michaela - Cardifforniagurl
Mookie - Mookie's Life
Hanna - Hanna Wears (Hanna has re-launched her blog formally known as The Wardrobe Challenge)
Lucia - Ucantwearthat
Sarah Doyle - Plus Size Proud

And here are your questions ladies:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. What are your must have items that complete your look?
3. Who most inspires your in your style?
4. What one thing about plus size fashion are you most proud of?
5. If you were given a million pounds and you had to spend it in a day what would you buy?
6. Bags or shoes?
7. If you could give anyone a makeover who would you chose and why?
8. If you were a cocktail what would you be called and why?
9. What is your one pet peeve?
10. If you had your own fragrance what would you call it?

2 comments: