Sunday 20 December 2015

My Winter Pinup Style


It's just a few days before Christmas and the city of London is buzzing with people doing their last minute shopping, catching up with friends and taking some much needed personal time before the holiday season really takes flight in just a few days! Yesterday I went out for lunch with my girlies Hanna and Isha for a catchup that was long overdue and, I had a little bit of Christmas shopping to do myself.



I already knew that I wanted to wear a vintage dress yesterday when I woke up. Usually I reserve my vintage looks for the summer as I can be more fun and playful with them but, I just couldn't resist taking my dusky blue Dolores doll dress out for another spin this year. The dolores doll is my favourite cut of vintage swing dress and is of course from Collectif clothing. I wear this dress in a size 20. Some of you may remember my bright summer look which featured this dress...



This time around I knew that I wanted to warm up my look and so I added a pair of black tights, the new fuller figure tights from Primark are amazing, definitely worth a try if you haven't already! I thought that the grey tones in the dress would compliment my hot pink cardigan from Fashion World really nicely. Topping off my look with my new hot pink beret and favourite shade of pink lipstick my look was complete. I of course opted to wear my Michelle heels again from Hotter



Luckily the weather isn't freezing cold at the moment, usually this time of year in London the air is icy and mountains of layers are required to stay warm! For additional coverage and a little warmth I finished off my look with my Dietrich coat in powder blue, originally from Collectif and this gorgeous check scarf from studio 8



I have a thing about bringing colour into my winter looks. I find that too many options are drab and lifeless during the winter and so, this is my way of having a little fun with my look. I will say this, many brands are introducing more colour options in their winter offerings which is more than welcome if you ask me! I get inspiration from strange things this time of year, the colour of tinsel, the Christmas lights, things I see on the street...



I think we should always bring ourselves into our outfits and allow our clothes to showcase different elements of our personality. Have fun with your winter looks. I hope you all have an incredible Christmas and get to spend some quality time with your friends and loved ones xx


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

4 comments:

  1. I love the flashes of hot pink with this! Plus, you always have the most infectious smile ever, you look fab
    Kitty xxx
    www.kittyramblesalot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are looking very good with pink color combination. love your style.
    African Wax Print

    ReplyDelete
  3. i nominated you for the Liebster Award! Read more here:http://norrawr.blogspot.com/2016/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete