Sunday 8 March 2015

Seduced By Medusa! A Lady Voluptuous Review


Those of you know who know my blog and are familiar with my sense of style will know that I have a deep love and affection for Vintage clothing. When I first took note of the style I was only a small child, I remember watching the old movies and seeing images of the beautiful and glamorous stars of the time. I, like a lot of people had resigned myself to the fact that I would ever be able to wear such gorgeous clothes. I had 2 reasons for this, firstly my being a plus size woman limited my options of clothing even when it came to the current trends that were available, secondly I figured that those sorts of clothes would be impossible for anyone to find outside of old second-hand vintage stores and because of how far in time we were away from the decades that these fashions were born from. 


When I first discovered plus size fashion blogs a few years ago so many of the women were sporting vintage inspired dresses! To see that this was an option really caught my interest and I took it upon myself to get myself measured and invest in a dress of my own. I'm happy to report that now in 2015 there is a plethora of options open to ladies of all sizes both on the high street and online. If you are a more alternative woman who loves the Rockabilly style then many of the dresses out there will be right up your street. If like me you go for a more classic form of the style, the choices are endless and can be adapted to suit the Rockabilly style.


As many of you will be aware one of the gorgeous bloggers I follow is the amazing Georgina Horne aka Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. She is a major lover of vintage fashion and amazing person to follow if you want to see great style and beauty tips; perfect for pinup admirers and women everywhere. Just a few weeks ago Georgina launched an amazing new vintage inspired clothing line that she created in partnership with Lady Vintage. Lady voluptuous is a range that was created with plus size women being the soul focus! Every single design is available in sizes 16-32. 


Recently Lady Voluptuous ran a competition on their Facebook page. They had put up an image of the amazing Medusa dress in 2 colours: Royal Blue and Oxblood. All the entrants had to do was simply say which colour they preferred and 2 names would be selected at random to win, one selecting the blue and the other who had selected the oxblood. When I received a tweet from the brand telling me to check my Facebook I had no idea why, in truth I had forgotten that I even commented myself. To find out that I was the winner of the Royal Blue dress seriously shocked me and totally made my day! You all know my love of blue clothes so as you can expect this dress was on my wish list of items to purchase next payday!



The fit of the dress is amazing, made in a bengaline fabric the dress has amazing stretch, moulding to all of the hot and sexy spots to a woman's physique and highlighting them really well. I should also note that this fabric doesn't seem to crease either which is a bonus! I'm wearing this in a size 22 and have loads of room in the arms, bust and behind. I really like the length of the dress as it's below the knee. Many plus women dislike their knees being exposed, in my case I don't mind but as my legs aren't perfectly toned this feature makes the dress that little bit more comfortable to wear. The neckline is just enough to provide a glimpse of cleavage whilst still being modest enough to wear anywhere. I always wear my fitted dresses with shapewear but to be honest the dress looked just as good without. 

Doesn't Georgina look amazing in this:



I decided to wear the dress with a metallic blue head scarf (once again I was having a battle with my hair), statement chocker, black heels and my heart charm bracelet. For an extra touch of glam I pulled out my pleather jacket with faux fur collar (from a previous New Look Inspire Collection). I think this dress would look amazing with electric blue heels, paired with gold or silver accessories. A cute cinch belt would be a nice addition for a little something extra. Acrylic jewellery might be a fun twist to provide a more casual touch. Available in emerald green, oxblood, leopard print and cerise there is a colour to suit all tastes and skin tones. 



Check out the amazing collection by Georgina and Lady Voluptuous and see what other amazing styles are available!

Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress, you look amazing in it! (As does Georgina, of course!) I really like the length of the dress and your make-up looks awesome too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun I hope you're well. The dress is amazing I love the fit and the colour is just lush!
      I wish I was more experimental with my makeup but I tend to be in a rush so stick to the same style lol xx

      Delete
  2. This colour looks amazing on you!! I absolutely adore it! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Hun that means a lot especially as blue is my favourite colour! Xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on winning! The dress is amazing, you look fab in it and that colour is totally you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, it's amazing! I defo wanna get another colour! Xx

      Delete