Friday 27 March 2015

Welcoming Spring And Summer With George


It's finally the time of year when things are moving fast. The clocks have changed and it's officially British summer time. I love this time of year, the days are longer, nights shorter and all of the fashion brands have launched their spring and summer looks for the season. 

A couple of weeks ago Hanna, Isha and I attended the press day for George Asda at Somerset House. I have to say I was really impressed with loads of the things that they have on offer, from gorgeous new clothing options to home wear. The girls and I were able to select some items for review and one of the ones I selected is this gorgeous Lace Back Blouse. I love clothes that have a wrap detail in the front. I find that tops and dresses that have this detail work for women of all shapes and sizes and can add a subtle and sexy hint to a more casual or sophisticated item. 


What I loved about this top is how light and airy it is. The long sleeves make this item something that is wearable on a warm day whilst providing additional coverage for the evening breeze that hits the air this time of year. I love that the colour and material make this an item that would be suited to work and days out. I'm wearing this in a size 24 as I wanted a slightly oversized look. I really like the crochey detail at the back which is a really nice feature and again, allows the top to have a light and airy feel when wearing it. 



This top is currently available in sizes 8-24 and I can honestly say it would make a nice addition to any wardrobe. I paired this with a pair of Jeans from Junarose, unfortunately this particular pair is from a previous season but be sure to check out the website as there are some great new styles available. 

Currently in London we are experiencing really changeable weather so when I put this outfit together my idea was to have something warm and comfortable and still be prepared for the weather to make a sudden switch. I thought that my Biker Jacket from Yours Clothing would be a good option. 


Those who know me well will be aware that when I put my outfits together I ALWAYS try to colour coordinate. I have a big thing about wearing colours that compliment each other and so I often select makeup or accessories based on a colour somewhere in my chosen outfit. When I have the time I go as far as to matching my nail polish to an outfit too. You know what they say, the devil is in the details! I love the ombre dip-dye look of these jeans as there are several shades of blue all rolled into one. 


When it came to accessories I was lucky to have had those pre-selected. The baby blue duffle bag I'm wearing is also from George and is currently available. I tried to find a link for this one on the site but I only came across the black version. For those of you who like the blue you may find it in selected stores. The sunglasses I have on are also part of the new collection so it's definitely worth checking out the website to see what cool accessories they currently have on offer. 


My black platform heels and large diamonte ring are from Primark and are old favourites of mine that I pull out from time to time. I thought my beret would also be a nice addition to the look and would give the outfit just the right amount of black that I wanted. Sometimes I like to keep things simple, I find that by doing this, the days when I do get dolled up are more fun.


We've reached the time of year when people are planning their summer holidays so take a look in your wardrobe and see what great items might be due a re-vamp. Of course we all like to add new bits to our closets so take a look at what's out there. I have seen some great options on sale at great prices. George have some great bits available so don't forget to take a look at the website.


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful honey :) I LOVE that top on you, so flattering and light, perfect for the warmer weather we're hopefully going to get soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I was really impressed with this too and will definitely keep an eye on George in future because loads of the items I had seen were really cute and great price. Everyone liked this top who saw it, I'm glad it fit me well because usually I worry with top with wrapped or open fronts because they often leave you with your cleavage hanging out but this worked perfectly.

      Fingers crossed we'll get some sunshine soon! Xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blouse. My mum bought one similar to this (with the wrap front ) and I liked it for myself but was worried it would be a little obscene on my chest as I'm bigger but it drapes beautifully on you. Now I want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodie I hope you're doing well you should definitely try out the top your mum got you. I wear a 38/40J bra size (the back band changes depending on the brand) and my boobs often make buying and wearing tops an issue but this actually really works and didn't make my boobs look gigantic so if you have a similar issue you should defo try it you might be surprised with how it looks. Happy that my review helped you re-think the idea xx

      Delete