Saturday 21 September 2013

The Power Of The Powerfit Dress! A Scarlett&Jo Dress Review

For years I was that girl who didn’t wear skirts or dresses. I was always concious of my figure and would try to cover my lumps and bumps and prevent them from being on show. My thoughts about my self image have recently changed and I have to be honest as much as I LOVE my vintage looks, a lot of my new approach to how I dress myself nowadays is down to the fantastic bodycon dress designed by Scarlett&Jo exclusively for Evans.
I first saw this dress worn by Caroline (Curvy Wordy) www.curvywordy.com and Georgina (Fuller Figure Fuller Bust) www.fullerfigurefullerbust.com and just from how fantastic they looked wearing it I knew I had to get down to my nearest store and try one on!
The first dress I invested in was the Blue Panel dress and I have to say it was love at first try! Usually I avoid anything that hugs my curves but in this instance I welcomed it!

The fabric is fantastic quality with an under-slip that beautifully skims over the curves and keeps the outer material perfectly held in place. Anyone who knows me knows i’m not adversed to showing a little cleavage and on me this dress exposes just the right amount to be tasteful yet sexy. I absolutely love the three quarter length sleeves as i’m not one for showing off my arms so much (we all have that one part we always cover up right?). I also found the length to be just perfect on my 5’5 frame.
One of the things I love about this dress is that it suits pretty much everyone! I have seen photos of girls with various different shapes sporting this dress and it has looked good on every single one of them! Also one of the best things about this dress is it’s versatility I mean I have worn this dress out when I want that chic and sexy look, but I have also worn it to work. If you want to be sexy, sassy and chic or you would rather achieve a more sophisticated and classy look this dress does it all!
Scarlett&Jo recently launched a bunch of new designs for this dress available in sizes 14-32! The minute I saw them advertised I was ready to pick up a few! As the original panel style dresses came out a few months ago I unfortunately missed out on some of the other colour ways that they had. The red was one I really wanted to pick up so this was a line I was not going to make the same mistake twice with! Check out these fantastic options:
The first dresses I picked up in the new range were the Cream Contrast and Black City dresses.


For me I like to play around with these dresses, sometimes I wear them with a cinch belt or accessories the same colour of the centre panel. You can of course wear these with heels or flats, I have even seen some girls sport the dress with a low ankle boot and yet again it looks fantastic!
Evans held a fantastic event over the weekend, the curvystreetstyle event where customers were invited to come down meet some of the Evans team and strike a pose for the camera. I thought what better time to showcase their own outfit and wear my Blue Panel Dress!

If you can’t already tell, when I like something and it works for me I stick with it! This is how I feel about these dresses I feel like a million dollars in them and I really like the way they fit against my figure. Admittedly I do wear shapewear with them to smooth myself out a little (every girl has to own a pair of Bridget Jones knickers right?) but I cannot recommend this dress more! Which in my case is why I was over the moon to come home from work today and see my latest order from Evans waiting for me! 2 more of these beauties!
Now as I missed out on the Red Panel dress earlier this year I picked up the Raspberry and the to be a little more daring I also got the Animal print.
 
*Sorry about the quality of some of these pictures, I really need to invest in a new Camera and soon!*
If you want to pick up one of these dresses be sure to check out your local Evans store or check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment