Friday 24 October 2014

Animal Magic! A Junarose Review

Hey everyone I hope all is well. I'm sorry that things have been quiet here on the blog recently. I have been snowed under at work and I had a lot to take care of before I could get back to posting. The good news is that there are a lot of new and fun trends to talk about this season. I have some new looks to share with you all and we're about to approach the winter holiday season. 

I was recently at a blogger event for one of my favourite brands Junarose. The event was in conjunction with MSSVG and showcased some of their amazing new lines, set to be with us next spring. At the event we were lucky enough to pick an item from their current collection to review. As soon as I saw the gorgeous animal print jacket I new that was the item I wanted to try the most.


I make no secret about the things I really like in fashion and I have to admit I am forming a bit of an obsession with animal prints. I have skirts, tops, lingerie and now this gorgeous jacket! When it comes to the cold months of the year I usually feel uncomfortable weather-wise. Mountains of layers are required to keep the cold at bay and the constant fight against the wind and the rain is never fun. For me the most important thing when it comes to my winter wardrobe are my coats. Usually practicality and comfort give way to style which is why I was so excited to try this thick and puffy jacket which encompasses the practicalities and comfort I need with my sense of style. I picked this one up in a XXL. Depending on how big your waist and breasts are you may need to be careful when selecting a size for this one. The jacket tappers in slightly around the waist to accent the curves we have there. In my case I usually have to size up with any clothing items which need to be zipped or button fastened because of my bust size.

The season tends to present us with loads of dark colours and prints so to be able to add a splash of colour and style into the mix only makes for cool winter looks. 



I have to say I really like the feel of this coat on. The lining is thin which makes wearing sweaters and stuff quite comfortable for a jacket of this shape. I also like the fact that it is really warm when on; so if you're one of the people who doesn't like to wear thick layers in the winter this would be one that you will enjoy wearing with tees and other lighter items. Despite being a fairly puffy jacket it's not heavy in weight at all and makes for a really comfortable wear. 

Even though this jacket has an animal print on it; the colours are rich and more subtle than some of the other animal print jackets and coats on the market. I really like the fact that for a bold print it doesn't look too jazzy or bright. I should also mention that I have recently worn this in the rain and it doesn't drink in the rain water like some of my previous coats have. No one wants to have to wear a coat or jacket that gets heavy and water logged in the rain. The pockets are also fairly deep and have snap button detail for security. 



With this outfit I decided to put the jacket with a cold shoulder dress by Boohoo size 24. I like dresses like these to hang loosely on my frame because of the neck detail and length. I think that items like this can be really unflattering on my frame if they are too fitted as they hang loose in areas and cling too much in the breast and stomach areas. I paired this dress with a simple pair of black trousers and my Legroom boots from Fashionworld

I thought I would keep the accessories to a minimum and so I wore my black and pink lightning bolt necklace, my trademark hoop earrings and simple black bag. As the weather is getting colder my hair scarves will most definitely be making many appearances in my looks. I love them as an accessory because they are a great way to keep warm and hide the odd bad hair day!



I'd like to take a moment to give a shout-out to Dale Grimshaw. I may not have met him but when we stumbled across his gorgeous artwork it made for a really fun background for these outfit pictures. What a talent! 


For those of you who like this jacket and would like to try it out or even try out a different style from Junarose then click here

Remember what ever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures - the leopard print jacket looks phenomenal against the red background! Junarose is such a great brand with so many beautiful and wearable pieces - great buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charli I hope all is well. Thanks for the comment. I love this jacket and I could not recommend it more! Definitely worth a buy. I love the quality and style of Junarose clothing. They are fashion forward but never skimp on quality and detail. So glad I discovered the brand last year x

      Delete