Saturday 12 April 2014

One T-Shirt Two Looks!

When it comes to shopping I try my utmost to buy items that I can use in many different outfits. I often buy simple and plain staple pieces that I can make adaptations with or use in a variety of different styles. Recently I picked up two long sleeved t-shirts, both exactly the same only in different colour ways from Yours Clothing at the combined cost of £12, a total bargain or at £8 each. I decided to do a bit of a mix and match session with some of the items in my wardrobe and I came up with 2 simple looks; one causal and the other a little more dressy.

Look number 1: Casual Chic





I decided to go really causal with this look. Sometimes you just want to be able to throw on something simple that you'll feel comfortable doing the day to day tasks in. This is an outfit I could wear to work or just chilling in. I paired the tee with a simple pair of black jeans from the New Look Inspire range. With accessories I decided to add a large black handbag from Primark, simple silver bangles, hoop earnings, steel link chocker and flat shoes. 

Look 2: Sassy & Sophisticated




The funny thing about this look is that the changes are minor in comparison to look number 1. A simple tube skirt, tights and platform heels suddenly make an otherwise casual look a lot more dressy and sophisticated looking. The classic dogtooth print skirt is my favourite piece in this outfit! 
After a recent blogger purchase from the gorgeous Hanna over at The Wardrobe Challenge this item is now a part of my collection. The skirt, originally from Excite Clothing feels amazing on and the length is really nice, as you can see I have worn this one over the t-shirt with the elasticated waist just under the bust line. I decided to wear the exact same accessories with the two outfits to highlight how a simple tweak can totally change the look of an outfit. A slight adjustment for this look was simply rolling up the sleeves, again the small tweaks can totally make the difference!

Overall the fit of the t-shirt is a really nice one. It simply sweeps over my frame comfortably with no tight spots anywhere. I picked this one up in a size 22/24. I wanted something with a loose fit that would compliment pretty much any pair of trousers or leggings. I could have gone for the size down but I often like bigger t-shirts as ones in my usual size can often cling tightly across the bust line which can look pretty hot, but sometimes I like to wear something a little more discreet, especially if I plan on wearing it to work. 







4 comments:

  1. I really like your outfits. You rocked that blouse! :D Also, I love your necklace! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks honey. I do try lol. The necklace is from Evans x

      Delete
  2. I love that skirt on you, beautiful as ever xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey xx You can't go wrong with a classic print like that. I had no idea dogtooth prints were so in at the moment either! Lol

      I hope you're well xx

      Delete