Sunday 1 June 2014

Collectif Dolores Doll Summer Bouquet Review

I have officially fallen in love with the most gorgeous dress, the Dolores Doll Summer Bouquet!


It's no secret how much I love vintage swing dresses. The style is classic, sexy and amazingly fun to wear! When I picked up a Dolores Doll dress last year I absolutely loved the fit, length and cut of the dress. The Summer Bouquet dress was one I really wanted to get my hands on last year but it was often out of stock in my size. The original print of the dress comes in a gorgeous yellow and green floral design. I will be honest when I ordered the dress I expected to get the original print delivered to me in one of those hot pink Collectif packages. So when I pulled out this gorgeous pink and navy print I was even happier than expected, the colours are really nice and I love how they sit against my skin tone. 


The beautiful Georgina Horne from Fuller Figure Fuller Bust modelling the Summer Bouquet dress.
Image Courtesy Of Collectif



 I like for my dresses to cling to all the right spots and hang loose on all the other parts. When I select a dress to wear, comfort is usually my first port of call and then I consider what might work for the given weather or what might best suit the events taking place that day. As I have been creating quite a collection of dresses from Collectif I knew that this one would fit perfectly, and accompany many other items in my wardrobe.

To be totally honest with you every single person I have seen wear these dresses looks amazing in them and I'm not surprised that every time I have wanted one I have had to act fast to grab my size! Luckily for me when I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago the dress was on sale and I got it for almost half of the price, so I guess you could say I was pleasantly surprised twice over!

The stretch fabric is very generous and most women have to downsize in this style by 1 sometimes 2 dress sizes. I wear this style in a size 20 and I tend to pair mine with a petticoat. Available in sizes 6-22 this style is open to many ladies out there. 98% cotton and 2% elastane, the fabric feels great on and is washing machine friendly, never have the colours on any of my Collectif dresses ran or faded so for me I find these an amazing investment. 




I think for me I enjoy the Dolores Doll style so much because the cut suits women of all shapes and sizes. I have found in the past that buying a dress that leaves enough boob room can be a challenge. This style of dress not only is very roomy in that area, I actually don't mind having a heavy cleavage on show when I wear this cut of dress. I feel incredibly womanly when I wear my vintage dresses and I look forward to picking up even more Dolores Doll dresses in the future.

I am pictured here wearing my white petticoat from Vivien Of Holloway. I actually prefer wearing petticoats when I wear my vintage dresses. I like the way that the fabric drapes over the underskirt and showcases the print that little bit more. I decided to wear a simple black bolero with this one and bring out my black platform heels to match. As this dress is all about the followers I thought it would be wrong for me not to wear any in my hair so my trusty white hair roses from Black rose were a must!




Check out my previous post about the Dolores Doll In Polka Dot print here:

For more reviews and styles in this cut check out the reviews by Curvy Wordy and Fuller Figure Fuller Bust.





6 comments:

  1. Ooh this is lovely! Somehow I never saw this colourway, but I do have a review of the yellow one coming soon. Thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey, I had no idea this colourway was an option when I ordered the dress I had selected yellow and when it came in the post it was Navy lol. I love it though, now I need a yellow one.

      You're welcome about the link hun, I've been hunting everywhere for the feral one you have! xx

      Delete
  2. You look amazing. I want this dress for a wedding I'm going to. I love the yellow one that Georgina is wearing. I'm so glad to see that it is stretchy... :) Great review and great boobs;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. This is perfect for a wedding or something where you may have a lot of sitting and standing to do as it's extremely soft material and very comfortable.

      Thanks for the compliments also xx

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous dress! You look fantastic. x x

    ReplyDelete