Monday 13 October 2014

Winter Warmers With A Twist!

It's official the weather has changed! For some the sight of clouds in the sky and the constant stream of umbrellas floating by is extremely depressing. I'll be totally honest here I am no fan of cold weather; short of having an excuse to indulge in warm hot chocolate and marshmallows it's most definitely not my thing! 

I always find that it's hard to wear clothes that are practical and fun this time of the year. In the summer we have the luxury of cute separates, bold colours and fun and fresh prints. In the autumn and winter we are showered in a sea of blacks, greys and blues. Now I have no problem with that as I have a huge selection of black, grey and blue clothes in my wardrobe. The challenge for me is wearing items that have a twist and have some character to them. I tend to go for cute dresses and simple coats, vintage inspired dressed and petticoats and of course warm sweaters. 

Myself and the lovely Hanna decided to go for a walk in the park the other day and seeing as the weather was quite warm and to our luck dry, I was able to be quite playful with my look. 


To my luck I was given this animal print sweater from Zizzi. The sample item will hopefully be in their next collection. I got this in a size M and whilst I love the shape and fit it clings a little to my tummy area. With that in mind I simply had to wear it so I thought I would be creative and wear this leather midi skirt from SimplyBe with it (size 26). Those of you who are familiar with my blog will know that I often wear skirts just under my bust line. My reason for this is the fact that my behind rises a little and if I wear some skirts at the waist line (depending on the cut) they can shift up at the back. It has come to my attention that this is an issue many women face and I simply won't allow it to cause problems for me when selecting my outfits. In some cases this has actually helped me when it comes to wearing cropped tops or pieces that sit a little snug around the belly. 


Feeling comfortable and confident in my clothes is a must for me and that can sometimes be down to the fit, sometimes down to the style of the outfit. I absolutely love animal prints when it comes to clothes and accessories and I have recently been adding more items into my closet, I'll be sure to put together some posts with these items to show you all very soon. The woollen sweater from Zizzi is really light on the skin and it fits really nicely. The black and grey print make this an item that would work with most bottoms such as jeans, high waisted trousers and of course other cuts of skirt. The colours being neutral make this one easy to pair with other separates and jackets also. 




It's always nice when you see a cute dog in the park. 


When you're used to wearing trousers or jeans on a regular basis the convenience of having pockets is a nice and familiar thing, somewhere to have your phone, wallet etc. One of the things I really like about this skirt is the pocket detail on both sides of the skirt. When you don't want to carry a bag with you or you're simply popping out for a few minutes it can be a nice relief to have something to store those smaller items. This skirt is not only a warm and adaptable item it's a practical one too. The central split in the front gives it a nice shape and a little character and I found that it made the item look more flattering on my frame. Unfortunately this is from a previous collection but there may be something similar available online and in a local Simplybe branch. 


I decided that the only accessory I would wear with this outfit would be my favoured hoop earrings. Sometimes you really don't want to have much jewellery on at all and in my case I didn't want any additions to my look so I simply painted my nails for a little colour and slipped on some comfortable plimsolls shoes. The saying can be true, less can be more sometimes. 

Have a look in your wardrobe and see what you have that you can play around with, we may be lucky enough to have a few more nice days before the scarves and gloves are required! 

Remember what ever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile!

*The Zizzi Top Was A Gifted Item.



No comments:

Post a Comment