Tuesday 4 August 2015

Along Ivory Lines - An Evans Clothing Review


Hi everyone I hope you're all doing well. I'm sorry that things have been a little quiet here on the blog the previous couple of weeks. Things have been hectic, crazy and quite emotional lately, a lot has been happening. Firstly my life had a major shakedown with things happening at work and in my private life. Things have started to come back together, giving me a little time to breathe and reboot. 



So what's been going on in my wardrobe? I have been enjoying some vintage items, a few dressy numbers and of course, casual items. I'll be sure to share some of my looks with you very soon but to start I really wanted to share an item with you that I first saw a few weeks ago. Hanna and I was out for the day and we popped into the Evans store in Marble Arch here in London. Like a lot of us ladies, when there is a new collection to be seen and tried we head on to the nearest store to have a gander at some of the new lines. The Design Collective range had reached the stores and we had our eye on some cool options to try. One item that unexpectedly caught my eye whilst in the store is this ivory longline shirt. Everyone who knows my style will know that when it comes to shirts I tend to veer towards the sheer variety. I just love the easiness of sheer shirts, they can really make a simple look have a little bit of edge and they are always so comfortable! 


I loved the simplicity of this one as it's an item I know I could wear with pretty much every pair of jeans or trousers I own and even better, because of the length I could also wear this one as a singular item with some under-shorts for a shirt-dress look. One of the elements I really enjoy about sheer shirts is that they are always extra spacious in the arms. Given the tailored cut many of them have the arms are always really light and airy which gives me a look I like when trying to be casual yet formal, but a comfort that we all enjoy. I'm wearing this in a size 26. When it comes to shirts I often have to up-size if I want to be able to fasten all of the buttons without any gaping across the bust. 



With this look I decided to pair these with my indigo stretch skinny jeans. These are also from Evans but I purchased these several months ago, the good news is that these are still available. I cannot stress enough how comfortable these are and because they are slightly high waisted they cinch you in just a little and give a really nice look to the leg. I'm wearing these in a size 26. 


For accessories I wanted to keep things simple and work with my key jewellery colour, silver. I have a thing for silver jewellery and love the way it looks against my skin. I recently purchased a silver glitter clutch from New Look. I don't own that many clutch bags but all ladies must have a choice of at least 3 I think, so I wanted a sparkly one. I love the metallic strap that can either be kept inside the bag or worn. Some New Look stores may still carry this one but unfortunately I can't seem to find a link to share with you from their website. There is a similar clutch available in gold however. 



I pulled out an old pair of glitter ballerina shoes that I bought from Primark ages ago. My small silver hoop earrings, black fringed head scarf and I was ready. I like to keep things simple but I still need to add a little something extra. In this case it was a touch of sparkle in places.


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

2 comments:

  1. That shirt is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for summer and the warmer days xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great option hun I only wish it was out in more colour ways!

    ReplyDelete