Monday 21 July 2014

Golden Delicious!

I used to be scared of wearing clothes that glistened and sparkled. I think it comes down to that ever long list of rules that we plus size people are supposed adhere to when dressing ourselves. The thing is it feels good to wear something pretty that blings and that's how I feel about this gorgeous Gold Baroque Peplum Top from Pink Clove. I think it's always a good idea to have something in the wardrobe that be worn both casually and dressy and this item most definitely can feature well in the two styles. 



I really like the way that this top feels against the skin, the soft velvety texture makes this one a good choice for pretty much any season. I know that I will be wearing this one in the colder months too and quite possibly on a night out for drinks with friends or something. I have this one in a size 24 which gives me more than enough boob room and it doesn't cling to my upper arms either (which is always a plus point!). There is a fair amount of stretch in this one but depending on your dimensions you may want to up or downsize if you have a slightly larger bust or belly. I didn't want to have to wear any shapewear or anything with this one and as the material has that sheen to it I thought it best to go a little looser on the fit.


I was aiming for a sleek and casual look when I put this outfit together so I decided to pair this top with a simple pair of dark washed Demin Jeggings from Yours Clothing. For me it's important not to compromise on comfort when I pick my outfits so I like things to often be a little loose in areas especially in the bum and tummy areas. I am wearing a size 26 which is a size up for me when it comes to yours leggings. I think a bigger size can often look better with clothes that either have a thick or elasticated waist band that sits at the waist, as they don't cling to the unwanted areas which can result in bulging. 



I thought I would keep it simple when it came to completing the look so I pulled out a classic pair of black heels, my trusted twisted gold hoop earrings and my lovely necklace. Sometimes your clothes are statement pieces that will be the focal point to an outfit and I found that the Pink Clove Peplum top is one of those items so I thought it best to keep everything else simple.


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and KEEP SMILING! 





6 comments:

  1. Dear, you look gorgeous! I love your outfit and you hair! This golden top is def a must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. I fell in love with the top when I saw it. I'm glad I was bold enough to give it a try.

      Thanks for the compliment on my hair my friend did an amazing job on making me look funky xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love a bit of sparkle. :) The top is very cute and I really like your shoes as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna I definitely love a bit of sparkle. I don't think it should be limited to fancy dinners and parties either lol.

      Thanks for the compliment, I hope you're well xx

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit on you! I was just looking at this top the other day and thinking it would be too shiny but now I've seen it on you I might just have to give it a try after all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey I know what you mean on the site the pic looks a bit garish but I really like how it looks it's no way near as shiny as I thought it would be. You'd look gorgeous in it!

      Delete