Friday 25 July 2014

No More Burn, Fighting Chub Rub - A Vevina Review


When it comes to the summer we are faced with many fun and exciting prospects such as amazing days out, fabulous nights on the town, holidays, warm sunshine and amazing music is usually there to set the scene. Having said all of that one thing that many of us worry about (especially anyone who’s thighs touch) is that dreaded chub rub!

I spent years avoiding skirts and dresses purely because the mere thought of the sore and awkward rash would be enough to stop me wearing some of the things I like. I was recently contacted by Vevina and asked if I would like to trial their anti chafe cream. Anything that could possibly soothe me during the warm weather or prevent any soreness when wearing skirts and dresses is something I would welcome trying. In all honesty I can wear skirts and things in the colder months without as much of a problem but I still prefer to use something for comfort as a preventative measure.

When I first tried out the cream I was at home just milling around the house and I didn't find it very effective. I assumed that perhaps it didn't do much for me in working with my body type. I have to say I was wrong about this observation. When I went out the other day in one of my favourite vintage numbers I tried the cream again; this time using a fair amount of the lotion and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Despite the hot temperatures and thick humid weather I was able to go about my day having done a lot of walking in the sunshine and I felt protected.

I have previously used a heavy amount of talcum powder and even roll on deodorant when wearing skirts to prevent chub rub. Whilst these measures have been effective they haven't always been practical. The small 30ml tube is a perfect solution to slip into my make-up bag just in case a second application is required. 

What can be annoying is the fact that what works for one person may not work for another. Often lotions and creams can be be successful depending on your skin type and how much friction you have in the relevant areas. Some people have a heavy amount of sweat and so would need to reapply creams and and some would be fine with a single application.

There are many different areas on our body where chaffing can prove to be a problem and so Vevina have come up with this clear guide on where those might be and where you application might sooth the burning and sore areas:



If you have tried various things and want to give this cream a try click here for information on how to order some for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment