Wednesday 9 July 2014

Studded Glory

Many of you lovely ladies will have the exact same issue as me when it comes to selecting an outfit...sometimes you just don't know what to wear! Now I'm not limited for options but we all have those days when we have some great single items but struggle to pair them with anything...

Those of you who are familiar with my blog will know that I like to play around with different types of clothes and have a variety of styles in my wardrobe. Many people have a select style that they love and they stick with it. I think it's cool to have a niche that's your own. In my case I simply have fun experimenting. I like to be ready for anything so I may have some gorgeous dresses and gowns on one side of my wardrobe and some edgy causal bits on the other. Having said all of that I am the kind of person that likes my creature comforts so when something works for me I stick with it! When I picked up the gorgeous tartan skater dress from Pink Clove last year it was an item that I really enjoyed wearing, still do. The look and fit of the item was right up my street so is it really any surprise that I picked up the bottom half of the dress, the single skater skirt?!


The length of the skirt and the fit was something that was a huge draw to me when it came to the dress; but because of the fit in the bust area it wouldn't really be an item you could throw a top over to switch it up, so the skirt on it's own made for a fun piece. 

As a lover of oversized sheer shirts I thought it would be cool to wear this studded one with cami from a previous collection at Marisota. Items with little accents tend to really catch my attention and I have always had a thing for studs on bags and clothes. As I was wearing black tights and black shoes to work with the skirt I decided to tuck in the skirt to make it the focal piece in the outfit. A sharp burst of colour is always fun with a predominantly black ensemble. 



With this look I was going for a rock chick look. I thought I would use the studs on the shirt as a way to pull accessories. I love silver accents and I tend to wear more silver jewellery than anything else so it's no surprise that my signature hoop earrings were included in the look as well as my loop chain necklace.


Often the little things in a single item of clothing can inspire an entire outfit. It could be a splash of colour somewhere, an adornment or the fabric. Whatever you decide to do when putting together a outfit have fun, play around and try things out. You may just surprise yourself. 








2 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit, very rock chick indeed. :) I love tartan and you look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. I'm enjoying playing around with different styles and looks.

      Delete