Monday 14 July 2014

Liberate Your Style Challenge (Part 2) - A Fashion World Review

When I was recently contacted by Fashion world offering me the chance to put together a look from their Joe Browns range there were several items that really caught my eye in the collection. As some of you know I really enjoy experimenting with different styles of clothing and seeing what works for me in different scenarios. I think when it comes to how we dress ourselves, one of the things we all have in common is the need to have a simple by cute look that allows us to play around with those staple items in our closet.

I absolutely love jeans and I enjoy wearing them. For me jeans are one of those items that can either be really fun and dressy or just a comfortable item that we can throw on during those fast paced days when you just need something that will work with whatever events the day may bring.


As a long time lover of all things paisley, when I saw the light blue jeans with paisley print I just had to have them. I think my long history with hair scarves and bandanas is what started this mild obsession but I'm happy to say this is one of the few style trends from my teens that I still hold as an adult! Usually I get to wear them with vintage styles but what's nice is the fact that I can also wear one of my white or blue ones with these jeans if I want to really want to make a thing of the classic pattern in an outfit.

When it comes to jeans I will be honest my size heavily changes from brand to brand. I can wear anything from a size 22-26 so when it came to picking these ones I knew I wanted a fair bit of extra wiggle room in the tummy and thigh area. I picked these up in a size 28. I will be honest they are pretty loose on me and I don't actually have to unzip or unbutton them to get them on. Having said all of that I actually like the oversized feel of this pair, I can pretty much do whatever and feel comfortable. I do however wear a belt with these ones for security purposes lol.



I decided to pair these jeans with an old top from Simplybe. The netted material is really comfortable and works really well with a causal look. With accessories I paired the jeans with the studded boots also from the Joe Browns Collection. I tend to wear flats and balerina pumps with my day to day clothes but since getting these boots they have worked well with many of my outfits and they are so comfortable! I got them at an 8E so there is plenty of extra room which is useful if you want to wear a thick pair of socks for comfort. 

I thought I would keep it simple and work with the blue tones in the jeans for additional pieces in my outfit. I thought this cute bag and cuff from Primark would fare well and some old bracelets I have had for years that I found lying around in my jewellery box. 



I'm pretty sure that these were a popluar choice with shoppers on the site aswell as many of the other items in the collection so make sure to take a look. There are some really nice bits available at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment