Wednesday 2 October 2013

Asos Curve XOXO Bodycon Dress Review

One of the things that I find when it comes to clothes is that people tend to have rather strong opinions when it comes to patters and prints; especially as a plus size woman. It seems that we have a whole other set of rules to follow when it comes to dressing our slightly larger frames. We're told that we can't wear certain colours, stripes have to be all heading in a particular direction and certain fabrics are a blatant no go area!

I personally think that as long as the key message going out to people is about keeping up a healthy lifestyle and not overdoing things in either direction, all the other rules can just go out of the window! In the past few months I have been re-educating myself on what looks and feels good against my skin and what items I should be proud to hang in my wardrobe.  

I think anyone, anywhere has had that "should I, shouldn't I?" moment when it comes to picking out clothes to buy. I found myself facing that exact conundrum when I saw the Asos Curve XOXO print dress online. I think for me the thing that drew me to this dress was the shape, style and print. As you know from a previous post I bought the Geo Print Dress which is a much louder patten and style, but ultimately the same shape and material. 



Images Courtesy Of Asos Curve

For me a dress that can carry itself is one that i'll take note of. It's nice to have a dress that doesn't need a lot of accessioning or additional items worn with it. Like every woman out there I have my certain hang ups and for me I like to have the tops of my arms covered. The mid length sleeves for me were a huge draw as well as the length. The minute I saw this dress I knew it was one I could wear out and about for day casual wear or I could dress it up for a night out. 

The material on this dress wouldn't be thick enough to wear on a cool day as it isn't too thick so if you really did want to take this one out on the town during the autumn or even the winter months, you may want to pair it with some thick tights for coverage. As the fabric is a very clingy and stretchy material I found it hung to my frame quite nicely but as I do have a belly I do need shapewear with this one to smooth myself out and give myself that extra confidence boost. After all if you wear a bold print you're bound to be seen!  I picked up this dress in a size 20 but I think the next one I get like this will be in a 22. I bought this one at the same time as the Geo print. I love the fit but I think i'd prefer something a little looser around the stomach area.

If you did want to jazz this dress up a bit I might suggest some shots of colour maybe a coloured shoe (flats or heels, whatever you prefer) maybe some costume jewellery and coloured eye make-up. 


*Sorry About The Camera Quality In This Pic*

This dress is still available at asos and what's more it's on sale! £15 reduced from £30
To see what other amazing items are in the Asos curve range why not check out their site? www.asos.com 

Not only do they have a huge range of accessories and clothes to fit everyone but they have free delivery! 



No comments:

Post a Comment