Monday 14 October 2013

Sleek Brow Kit Review

I'm not someone who wears make-up everyday but when I do there are various items that I just can't be without! The one area of my face that I pay the most attention to and provide with the most coverage is my eyes. My eyes are my favourite part of my face and the one area I tend to get the most comments on. Every woman has their favourite eye liner or shadow but for me the one area I spend the most time on is my eyebrows.

In my experience I found that spending loads of time getting my lids perfect became a pointless exercise if I let my eyebrows go untouched or in some cases over touched! I tried so many different things to perfectly frame my eyes; from using pencils, shadows and even eye liner pencil!


A little over a year ago I was walking through a shopping mall and ended up in the beauty section. One of the sales girls offered to give me a little make over with some make-up products. I thought to myself, why not? I might actually learn something here! She pulled out a product that I wasn't familiar with; it was a combination of a pigmented wax and a shadow. This particular product was from Benefit. When she was finished what I saw in the mirror was 2 really defined, yet soft eyebrows that looked fabulous. I didn't have any eye liner or mascara on at the time so I will be totally honest, the look was a little too much on its own. I didn't go back and buy the product however, I loved the end result but I found it rather pricey for what it was. This was also at a time when I wore make-up rather infrequently so I didn't see the need to make the purchase. 

A few weeks later a family friend who is an extremely talented beautician came over to visit with us. Over a conversation I asked her how she managed to get such perfect eyebrows. She then introduced me to a product that is now the most essential item in my make-up bag and something that I always make sure I have! The Brow Kit by Sleek. 


This kit comes in a series of shades to suit all hair colours and all complexions. It's comprised of a pigmented wax and a shadow and comes with mini tweezers, which is always handy. 

My tip when it comes to doing your eyebrows is to go with what works against your complexion. I used to wear black eyebrow make-up because my hair is black and in fact it didn't look so great when I look back at old pictures. The good thing about this kit is the way that you apply the make-up. I always buy the Dark kit and I love the end result! 





The pigmented wax should be applied first and this not only enhances the shape of your eyebrow but it darkens them ever so slightly whilst providing the perfect base for the shadow. I use the triangular shaped brush for this is as I think it provides the best precision. 
The shadow is then applied to finish off the look and the darker you want your eyebrows to look, the more shadow you pile on, it's as simple as that! For this I use the rounded brush. You might find that using the brushes the other way around works better for you depending on the shape of your eye brows and how thick they are.

I tend to thread my eyebrows every so often to get the perfect shape as often tweezers simply just can't grab hold of those tiny little hairs. Having said that every woman has her own routine when it comes to personal grooming and I have also been known to wax those stray hairs from time to time so whatever works for you I would do. 

It should also be noted that one application will last you the entire day! I often wear make-up to work and even if I head out afterwards and come home rather late into the night; my eyebrows will still be in tact! Also your eyebrows won't smear if you're caught in the rain or you're someone who sweats from your brow. I honestly can't sing up this product even more, you should definitely try it out for yourself! This is one that can be purchased in selected superdrug stores, hair and beauty supply stores and of course online. The best part... the kit retails for around £9. I use this kit most days and I have to say it lasts me for around 6-8 months! This is by far my favourite item in my make-up bag and I know you will love it when you try it out too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment