Thursday 6 November 2014

Blue Magic - A Lane Bryant Review


I love being able to blend work wear into my casual style. We can't all afford to have totally separate wardrobes for day wear and night attire. These days I tend to be all over the place a meeting here, a dinner there. It's not often that I have the chance to go home and change from location number one before I'm required at location two. For me the busy schedules and numerous commitments can make styling your looks be somewhat of a challenge sometimes. I work in a customer facing role where how you present yourself can be just as important as how you present the products you're selling. Luckily in my case I am able to incorporate my wardrobe into my work life making it easier when shopping and selecting my outfits in the morning.

I have said many times on this blog how much I love the colour blue and that whenever I see anything in the colour I'm instantly drawn to it. When I first saw this Embellished Button Back Tee from Lane Bryant it was a must have item for me! This was something I knew I could wear to work at the office and still add a casual twist to the look to make it wearable at any time. Despite the fact that blue is my favourite; I definitely don't own enough items in the colour so when I do see one I like it's always a positive thing for me. 
The Tee has a black panel at the back and small buttons all the way down the back. With a lightweight feel I have worn this top with a pencil skirt at work, jeans and leggings. The short sleeves make this one I like to match with jackets. Seeing as it's getting colder by the day the extra coverage is more than welcome in my case. 


I took these pictures on a pretty weird London day. With the constant stop-start game the clouds were playing making it rain every other hour it was hard to know what to wear. I decided that even though I had an umbrella to hand I would wear a hat so as not to get the front of my hair wet. I pulled out an old sequin beret that I bought from Primark years ago and the colour was just right to compliment the tee. A simple black pair of leggings was my next choice. To finish off the look I pulled on my PU Biker Jacket from Yours Clothing and slipped on my Shawberry Boots from Hotter. After adding my mandatory hoop earrings and necklace I was ready and set. 


When I was going through the pictures for this post I got to think about what we mean when we call something a staple piece of clothing. Some people would refer to a staple item as something basic that we all own like plain black top or something like that. For me a staple piece of clothing is an item that I can incorporate into a series of outfits and even wear across different styles. This Lane Bryant Tee for me is one of those items not only because of the colour but because of the cut and fit. The material makes this one hang nicely against your frame. The sheer material is really soft against the skin and doesn't cling tightly in any area. I got this one in a size 22/24 which for me worked out really well due to the buttons at the back. A smaller size most definitely would have fit but one or two of the buttons may have gaped ever so slightly. If like me you have think about the size of your bust or if you have any back fat then you might want to up size in this one. 

You know what I always say, go through your wardrobe! Pull things out, see what items work together either through colours, prints and fabrics and see if you can get at least 2 different looks out of some of your clothes. This will not only give you more outfits to play with on a smaller budget you'll also get a proper wear out of your clothes. In my case I like to have items I can wear either across seasons or items that look stylish and chic both during the day and night. You might find some cool combinations that you hadn't thought of previously.


Remember what ever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile!


6 comments:

  1. Hi. I like the blue color. It you a lot. You smile is also so cute.
    Http://www.jukafashionworl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue looks great on you. Love it! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ I'm always looking for nice blues to wear especially seeing as it's my favourite colour. I'm glad you think it looks nice.

      Delete
  3. I have to get myself to a Lane Bryant. I think their aesthetic has changed a LOT since I was last there (which could be as much as 10 years ago...)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the brands who do plus size clothing have changed their stance and started to be more fun with the items they sell. Many brands play it safe when it comes to plus size clothing but I have to say I really like a lot of the stuff I have seen from Lane Bryant and I have more items to review so i'll be sure to share the other looks I have x

      Delete