Sunday 30 November 2014

Metallic Magic! A Boohoo Plus Review


This time of year everyone is feeling really festive enjoying the seasonal events and treats that come with. Winter Wonderland, fancy dinner parties and loads of cocktails. I think this time of year people make that extra effort with their sense of style. They want to look the part and are more than ready to be showered in sequins and sparkles and I can totally see why. Christmas lights are up, Santa's grotto is in almost every major department store and with all of this comes the need for the perfect outfit. 

I enjoy wearing a little bling every now and then. I find that if you want a more relaxed look without the need for many accessories; metallic fabrics or sequins can do all of the work for you. Boohoo recently had an amazing offer on their plus size collection with 20% discount on everything so of course I had to take advantage of the situation! To be honest it was hard for me to make a selection because I liked nearly everything in the collection! This is never the case when I'm online shopping but this time I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The Kelly Metallic Oversized T-shirt Dress caught my eye as soon as I saw it. I really liked the quilted effect of the fabric and the colour. I don't tend to wear much gold jewellery so I figure this dress more than makes up for that fact! 



I absolutely love the fit of the dress as it skims your frame perfectly and it moulds nicely to my bust and my behind. I should note that I'm not wearing any form of shapewear in these pictures as I wanted to have a more comfortable, relaxed fit but I may wear some the next time I take this dress for a spin as it can cling a little to my belly. This isn't an issue or anything I think it would just look a little better if I were to wear this out to a club or something. The length is really nice; stopping just above the knee. I got this one in a size 24. With a fabric like this one 96% Polyester and 4% Elastane it feels nice and lightweight on and has plenty of room. I decided to pair this dress with a pair of shiny black leggings. As I have a rather large behind I have to be careful with some dresses because the fabric would be likely to slide up at the back exposing my undergarments. For this time of year with the cold really coming in I wanted the extra coverage anyway.




I really like the ruffled detail on the sleeves and by the hemline of the dress. It gives the garment a little more structure to the shape and actually helps it to sit in the right places. For me one of the main draws with this dress is the colour. Even though it is gold there is a slight silver finish to the piece which makes the dress look different shades depending on the lighting. I really like the way it looks against my skin tone. I feel that this is definitely a piece that can be worn both casually and dressy and I will most likely be wearing this at a dinner or over some Christmas cocktails. 

I feel like a real diva in this dress. Even though the shape is simple the fabric and the shimmer it has makes me feel really sexy despite the fact that none of my assets are exposed. I guess this is one of those less is more kind of outfits. I decided to finish this look off with a simple leopard print clutch, black heels and my signature hoop earrings. 


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!





No comments:

Post a Comment