Friday 12 December 2014

Gold Dust - The Perfect Duster Jacket - A Boohoo Review


This year a huge fashion item has been the duster jacket. Tons of brands have had these available in an assortment of colour and print variations, different fabrics and interesting cuts. When it comes to my jackets and coats I like to select items that I can picture wearing with existing items in my wardrobe. A few weeks ago I had a bit of a shopping haul on Boohoo, they had an amazing offer which took 20% off all of the items in the plus range. I had been looking for a duster jacket that would act as a staple and work with many of my favourite items. I like wearing shrugs, boleros and cool jackets as my cover ups and when I saw the Natasha Checked Duster Jacket it had to be mine! 

The interesting pattern reminded me of a top that I have from Lane Bryant. As I have been able to work that into several different looks I knew this would be the same. The length of the garment matches loads of my bodycon and t-shirt dresses and the simple black and white colour makes this an adaptable item that works with pretty much anything. 



I picked this up in a size 24. I always buy my jackets and coats in a larger size so that they hang nicely with the clothes underneath. The 3 quarter length sleeves are a really nice touch especially if this is worn with a dress or short sleeved top. Short lapels and no pockets make this one a really nice cover up.

I paired this with the Cream Contrast Powerfit dress (size 22) by Scarlett & Jo. Check out my full review of my favourite bodycon dress that I have in 5 colours! All Scarlett & Jo Items can be purchased from Evans. Unfortunately the Powerfit dress isn't available at the moment but stay tuned as there are some gorgeous new lines from the brand! 

When putting this look together I was thinking about the amazing events that are happening this time of year. Christmas dinners, drinks, new years celebrations and I wanted a casual/sexy outfit that had that little something extra and showcased my curves in an understated yet chic way.



I decided to keep this look very simple with my usual makeup of black winged eye liner, mascara, brows and foundation. Accessories I kept to a minimum wearing only a pair of twisted hoop earrings and a black diamonte heart pendant. I finished up the look with some black platform heels and I was set. 

Wearing this jacket as part of a monochrome look really works but if you wanted a shock of colour you could pair it with black or white skinny jeans and then a coloured top. I would tend to gravitate towards something blue personally but any would work. Alternately fun statement jewellery or coloured acrylic accessories would look really cool. 

This Jacket is still available from Boohoo in sizes 16-24 so if you like it and want to try it out it's just been reduced in price and is only £25! 


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

10 comments:

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous babe <3

    Lucie xx
    Fatbeautyx | Plus Size Fashion & Beauty Blogger & Vlogger



    Don't forget to join StyleLifeBeauty on their Facebook Group & Twitter helping to grow your followers and bring together Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! jacket looks amazing on you!

    hope your well, happy holidays :-)

    love, peace, B
    xxx

    www.divaonsea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like the look.

      Enjoy the rest of the holiday season xx

      Delete
  3. You look amazing - your styling is so chic and understated, you could wear this look pretty much anywhere!

    C xx
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a nice compliment Charli xx
      I always enjoy looks that are adaptable as you never know when you may get a last minute invite somewhere.

      Delete
  4. I totally love this outfit and you have the most contagious smile! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that duster on you Mayah - you look so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I love this jacket, I definitely need to invest in more duster jackets!

      Delete