Saturday 29 March 2014

Tutti Frutti - Bright And Bold


When I think of spring and summer the idea of lounging on a beach sipping on a cocktail by a palm tree is most definitely a tempting thought. With the hot weather comes the need for clothes that not only feel great but work well in the sunshine.

When I saw the new Cut Range by Evans I was surprised at how fresh, funky and diverse the brand had decided to go! When we think of Evans we tend to think of comfortable, high quality clothes that can be used as staple pieces. In the past couple of years they have branched out and played with a series of different looks. The Beth Ditto range was an amazing collection and more recently the items from Scarlett & Jo have most definitely been turning heads…

The Cut Range had the Plus Community all over the UK talking. Shoppers, bloggers and fashionistas all over had their opinion on the bright and fresh colour options, interesting styles and edgy cuts. There was one item that caught my eye out of the entire collection, The Pink And Green Midi Tube Skirt! As soon as I saw this one I knew that I would want to wear this out in the hot sunshine with some white and pink additions to form a fun and fresh ensemble.




I decide to pair this item with my white Dolores top from Collectif (a favourite of mine as some of you already know), Pink Cardian from the Claire Richards collection at Fashionworld and White flats from Primark. I decided to go really girly with this one and the mix of colours in the skirt made me think of the tutti frutti sweets I used to have when I was small. The bright and fun colours are ones that have the potential to be played around with in many ways. The interesting Ti-dye effect is what caught my eye and if you have any of the Cut items with this print you may play around with the colours in other ways. Cute Camisole tops in yellow, green or white would really bring out the different tones in the skirt.





I just love how bold the colours are and I know that on a hot and bright day this outfit will really work in the sunshine. I already have plans to take this one on holiday with me! Accessories can be played with easily. Acrylic jewellery in all the colours, silver additions like earrings and fun hair flowers would look cute also. 

If you were bold enough to try out the cut range I would love to see your pictures too so please drop me a message with your outfit selection, I would love to see how you played with the style! 

14 comments:

  1. I think this is stunning! You can SO work bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing hun!!! I got this skirt too.... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking amazing Mayah! I think brights work really well on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky I still have to push myself with bright colours but I think this look worked out in the end x

      Delete
  4. Love that skirt, looks perfect on you!

    Naomi

    Diamonds n Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that skirt! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said it on FB, I'll say it again! Best person I have seen rock this. You look fabulous in it <3 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie that's really sweet of you xx

      Delete
  7. thanks for giving me ideas, I have the skirt too but ihaven't use it yet as I don't know what top wear it with! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Hun I just decided to go with the colours of the dress. It is a busy print and can be hard to work with. Happy to be able to help with some ideas. Send me a pic of your outfit I'd like to see what you came up with x

      Delete