Monday 5 May 2014

A Little Bit Of Pleather

When it comes to style there are so many different variations of the same thing. If someone was to mention a new LBD that they purchased to you, I can guarantee about a 100 different images would pop into your head. When I was hanging out with the lovely Hanna from The Wardrobe Challenge. She told me that she had a dress that she thought would look great on me. This was a simple black dress, with three quarter length sleeves. What gave it a little edge, the pleather skirt...





I have to admit before I picked this one up from Hanna I didn't own any items containing pleather! 
Those of you who read my blog will know that I am playing around with different looks and styles. I really want to expand my range and my options by working with different fabrics, colours and wild prints. What I like about this dress is that the mix of fabrics is enough to give it that wow factor. Not only is black a colour that everyone can wear regardless of skin tone, style etc. it's a canvas colour which leaves you open to a plethora of choices when selecting accessories and shoes. 

The dress is from Simplybe and comes with invisible zip back fastening (although I just put straight over my head). I love the loose fit of the dress. It's slightly oversized but I actually like that. Sometimes you want extra space and to just have the clothes skim over your frame. This one is a size 28. 
The material for the main body of the dress is 73% polyester, 24% viscose, 3% elastane. The trim and skirt is 40% polyurethane, 40% viscose and 20% polyester. The material feels really nice and light against the skin. 

I teamed this one with simple black leggings and my black heels. A hologram clutch bag, black hair scarf and silver accessories to finish off the look. I thought with this one I would keep it simple so that I could wear this one at the office, out and about or as a casual piece. There are so many ways this dress can be worn. In future I may use the pleather skirt as the inspiration regarding my accessories. I may channel my inner rock chick and break out a studded leather bag, black acrylic accessories and maybe even look for a pair of studded heels. 



That's the thing that's great about hanging out with a group of blogger babes, they can show you a whole other style of dress to try out that you might actually really like. 



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this... do you know if it's still on sale at Simply Be. I just had a quick look but couldn't find it. I want this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it is honey. I bought it from Hanna so I'm not sure what season it's from. I don't blame you for wanting it though it feels fab on! I want them boots you have!!!

      Delete