Sunday 25 May 2014

Blue Summer Style

It's hard for us to find things to wear in the summer, we often end up just wearing the brightest items that we have and end up leaving some of our other pieces behind in the wardrobe. I wanted to see how I could incorperate some of my multi seasonal items with some of my summer favourites...


I like to be comfortable on warmer days but sometimes you don't want things to be too casual. I like to find ways to bring vintage items and more modern items together, I thought it would be fun to play around with blue seeing as it's my favourite colour; so I took my denim skater skirt from primark size 20 and paired it with my Dolores Doll polka dot top in baby blue from Collectif. These were the Key items that I wanted to work with, so I was happy I had the main frame of the look. I will be honest though as I have a large bum I needed some leggings or thick tights underneath because should I have had to bend over for something I would have been revealing my under garments lol.




I thought it best to wear my black leggings from Yours Clothing size 22 underneath. As black is such a strong colour I decided to offset the colour by adding a black shrug top to the outfit, also from Yours. Colour coordination is something I always try to do so I pulled out my white flats from Primark to work with the polka dots on the top.

After all the playing around with colours and things I was about to play it safe and go for my silver hoop earrings when I spotted a pair of drop earrings I bought about a million years ago! The 1960s double looped earrings were in the exact same colours and shades as my top so I thought they would make the perfect accessory.


So there you have it, play around with what you have hanging in your closet you may open up the possibilities to a whole new outfit! This is why I like staple pieces, you can play around with them and incorporate them in a variety of looks.








3 comments:

  1. This outfit is adorable I need to rock something like this when the sun comes back out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. I really love mixing vintage styles with modern and I like how this came out x

      Delete