Friday 22 August 2014

Black Magic And Gold Dust

So, we're now at that strange time in the year when the days are getting shorter, the sun doesn't seem to want to make that much of an appearance and we are forced to start covering up again.
I personally prefer summer to autumn and winter and I always will. It's nice to be able able to wear bright and garish colours, bold prints and show a little skin. Having said all of that my aim this year is to have a little fun with my warmer wardrobe. Cute hats, scarves and funky adornments might be the way for me to go when it comes to adding that extra style and flair to my sense of dress this winter. 


I hate to say it but I have now had to start wearing my jackets and jumpers and other winter warmers. I think it's fair to say that summer is pretty much over and any day of sunshine and heat we get we'll need to make the most of! 

I was going through my clothes when I started to feel that sudden chill in the air and I dug out this gold studded jumper from Primark that I purchased last year. I initially bought this when I was looking to add a little sparkle into my wardrobe. This size 20 jumper is really spacious and is just the right length to cover my behind. The thing I like about items with bold prints or with adornments is the fact that they become the focal point to the outfit. Often they can take away any need to accessorize or they can help you in the selection process. I really enjoy the dusting of gold studs I think it brings an element of fun to an otherwise simple piece. 



I like keeping it simple sometimes and I thought it would be cool to pair this jumper with my wet-look leggings from Scarlett & Jo size 24. They are so comfortable and stretchy and they are high waisted which is always a bonus because then you don't get the dreaded "double belly" that can happen when the waist band rests too low. 

This simple outfit is a nice one for this time of year when you may not want a coat or jacket but might feel the need to have that additional coverage for comfort and warmth in this weather. For a evening walk in the park I found this to be a really comfortable wear and it got me thinking that I need to pick up some more jumpers. 




I thought that I would pair the outfit with my Joe Browns boots from Fashion World. I wanted shoes with a touch of gold and as these boots have studs that compliment the jumper they were an easy choice.
My signature hoop earrings and my lovely necklace were also a no brainer as I wanted a simple look with no added colours.

What I really like about this look which I never paid attention to until I looked at these pictures is the fact that from the back it looks as though I'm wearing a plain black jumper and simple leggings. When you see the ensemble from the front there's loads going on with gold sparkles and the wet look shimmer on the front panel of the leggings. I think when it comes to fashion sometimes the element of surprise can be fun when someone is wearing something different to what you expect lol. 


Have a look in your closet and see what might work for you during the change in the seasons.

Remember whatever you where, feel fabulous in it and where it with a smile! 






2 comments:

  1. I literally love everything you're wearing in these pics Mayah! You look very pretty and happy. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey that's really sweet of you. I try to only wear clothes that makes me feel good. Glad you think the pictures look good.

      Delete