Saturday 21 September 2013

Collectif Sindy Doll Dress Review


As many of you will know when you have a particular shape what you read in magazines and hear from friends may have you gearing towards the darker items in the stores….
When I first saw this dress I was actually reading another blog post and the minute I saw it I fell in love with it! I of course went and ordered one for myself, and I have to say I was not disappointed! The colour is so bright and vibrant that you can’t help but feel that way when you slip it on. Now I know some of you may be thinking that summer is over and that bright dresses like this one might be a little much but the good news is that it is also available in a black or navy colour way.
The side zip is virtually invisible and also makes this one easy to slip on. I loved the quality of the fabric also, and I found it to be a little heavier than some of my other vintage dresses; which for me provides a little extra warmth on the cooler days. You can of course wear this one with or without a petticoat depending on what look you want to achieve. I decided to opt for my red one from www.vivienofholloway.com and went for a simple red bolero to complete the look. Also I should add that after wearing this one several times and washing it each time the colour hasn't once faded and the red doesn't even run into the white sailor style stripes.
If like me you want a bright and bold kind of dress to add to your wardrobe you’ll definitely want this dress in red! It will look great with heels or flats and the best part… It’s available in UK sizes 6 - 22! I tend to wear a size 20 but in this style I picked this up in a size 22 as the material is not as stretchy as some of the other dresses from Collectif and as I have a fairly big bust I thought it was best to go up for this style.


Stock Image Courtesy of Collectif

To see what other great items Collectif have or to pick up your own Sindy Doll Sailor Dress check out www.collectif.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment