Sunday 15 February 2015

Casual Blues - Keeping It Simple


Sometimes you just have one of those days when you want to keep things simple fashion wise. If I'm having a "down" day when I'm running around doing errands or just moving at a slower pace I like to dress comfortably. We all have those casual items in our closets that make us feel good and are really easy go-to items. In my case I tend to go towards a simple pair of jeans and a top combo. 



On a quiet Sunday afternoon after work I like to go for a walk around my area from time to time. As we still have that winter chill that is very prominent in the air I like to dress in a weather-appropriate way. Many years ago I bought a simple three quarter length sleeved top from Simplybe I love basic items like this as they are timeless and pretty much for any trend. I love the colour against my skin tone and this is a top that I have worn pretty much everywhere. I decided to pair this with my indigo super stretch jeans from Evans. I usually go for black jeans but I think every girl needs a staple pair of indigo jeans in her closet.

To finish off the look I went for my Legroom chain boots from Fashion World. This time of year is definitely boot weather and the chain detail complimented the gold of my statement necklace perfectly. Dealing with a bad hair day my favourite black beret from Simplybe was my final touch along with gold twisted hoop earrings and I was set. 



As many of you know my all time favourite colour is blue. For me you simply can't go wrong with it. I love blue because it's a colour that can be worked with in so many ways. Fun and interesting prints can work with any shade and you can wear both gold and silver jewellery items when accessioning. 

We all have those days when we just want to throw something on and go about our business. Just a few simple touches can make a very simple outfit a lot more fun to wear. In my case when I feel that way I make sure to put my make up on, some earrings and a cute necklace and that's me set. You can literally throw anything on and make it work a lot of the time. If you have that go-to colour that you always feel good in, start there. 


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that colour looks great on you. Looking beautiful as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun xx I don't have enough blue in my wardrobe at all despite it being my favourite colour lol

      Delete
  2. I love you in hats, beautiful lady! xx

    ReplyDelete