Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Sensational Scarlett & Jo And The SS15 Shoot

The past few weeks have been a major whirlwind for me, the most exciting thing was of course working with the amazing Scarlett & Jo for their Spring and Summer campaign, and getting to know 7 of my other blogging sisters better. 


The cupcake party was a lot of fun and it was nice to discover how the others girls came to start their blogs and what journey's they have been on in the process. I have said it before and I will say it again, the highlight for me was of course working with Scarlett & Jo. When I first came into the offices and met with Aoife, Louisa and Gifi the incredible journey started for me. Everyone was so welcoming and so lovely and what really struck me and put a smile on my face was of course meeting the amazing designer Gifi. For years I had spent years working as a professional singer and musician and Gifi really reminds me of many of the people I had met during my years on the stage and in theatre. He is such a character; full of life, zeal and creativity. I really gravitate towards fun and creative people and he is exactly that. I was surprised and extremely flattered to learn that he had seen my reviews of the Powerfit dress on the Evans website and then my blog posts about their clothes. It was such a pleasure to speak with him in person and to see how much passion he has for creating amazing clothes for women everywhere. Scarlett & Jo as a brand is very precious to him and he and the team are committed to bringing women beautiful garments which look great on women of all shapes and sizes. The detail and engineering that goes into the clothing is second to none and it shows whenever you wear them. I was just saying to a friend of mine earlier today that nearly 2 years after buying my first dress and wearing it EVERYWHERE it still looks and fits exactly the same as it did the first day I wore it!

Here are my final images from the shoot:





I was so honoured to have been asked to join the girls in the current campaign. So much thought has gone into every single item in the collection and there really is something to suit everyone. I have to say it was so nice to be working with a group of people who all share the same passion about fashion for the plus woman and every picture taken on the day came out so beautiful. Hats off to the incredibly talented Nicky Rockets for all of his work, he was such a pleasure to shoot with. The collection is rolling out onto the Evans website as I write this post with items being added daily. Selected stores which stock the Scarlett & Jo range will also be getting these items so keep your eyes and ears open for updates.

Here are some of my favourite out-take pictures taken on the shoot:









Photography from Nicky Rockets 

Check out the blogs of the other girls and see what gorgeous garments they wore during the shoot:

For more on Scarlett & Jo check out their Tumblr and Evans pages. 

Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

6 comments:

  1. Looking absolutely stunning, those outfits look amazing on you. You've got such a beautiful smile, totally lights up your whole face :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura that's such a sweet compliment, you really made my day xx

      Delete
  2. You look amazing and the dress with the slit up the thigh is gorgeous! Want. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah xx
      I know it's gorgeous isn't it? I felt so glamorous in that dress, I need to get one myself!

      Delete
  3. Mayah, Mayah Mayah we really enjoyed you coming to the party. I take it you will be coming to the next one?
    The bottom line is this you and the other sisters are real women and you are playing a hugely important role in making companies like mine, if you like, responsive to design, fit, quality and price So thank you for the compliments but especially for the inspiration you provide us with as a customer and as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gifi thanks for the message and for the compliments. I had the most amazing time working with you and I will most definately be at the next party!

      Myself and the other bloggers really do appreciate the fact that you and some of the other designers out there take on board what your customers feedback. We women love to look and feel fabulous and when you have a brand that creates items you always feel gorgeous in you can't go wrong!

      Thank you for everything, your clothes are amazing and I will continue to be a hugge Scarlett & Jo fan, you and the team are amazing!

      Delete