Monday 16 February 2015

Date Night City Lights


People describe themselves in many ways, one of the most common being in reference to their favourite time of the day. I am most definitely a night person. I enjoy the things that the night-time brings. No one is rushing around to get to work, most are relaxed after a busy work day, and the city of London most definitely looks it's best with the night lights that cover the town. I especially love being by the Thames at night, seeing all the bridges lit up and the lights of the city skyline. 

50 % of my wardrobe is filled with clothes to suit the night time atmosphere. I like to hit a club once in a while, go to a nice restaurant or just hang out with friends. I tend to go for clothes that are either loose and comfortable or tight and fierce! A sexy bodycon dress makes a woman look and feel amazing; power, confidence and style all rolled into one. Sometimes I like to find a combination of the two and recently I pieced together an outfit that did just that! 



The amazing pleather fronted leggings from Misguided in size 24 are fast becoming one of my favourite pairs! These are high waisted which I think provides better comfort and a nicer look than low waisted leggings. There is a zip detail at the ankle which is a very small detail but adds a little something extra to the look. I paired this with a gorgeous black fit and flare top from Scarlett & Jo, size 24. The fit and flare design is really popular with ladies in both top and dress formats. What's great about it is the way it hangs against your frame whilst moulding to the bust to provide a very sexy yet subtle look. The sweetheart detail across the top of the bust is a really nice addition combined with stretchy mesh sleeves. 



I decided to keep a metallic focus when it came to my accessories. My black diamonte heart pendant chain from Primark was a must along with my love heart charm bracelet. Topped off with a holographic clutch and I was set! Thick black platform heels was my footwear selection. I wanted a look that would make me feel slick, sexy and ready for whatever the night should bring. The height of these shoes is higher than what I would normally wear but they are so comfortable with the feel of a wedge and really easy to walk in. From New Look these are a pair that would easily lend themselves to many different styles. 


When I look good and feel comfortable in my clothes my confidence shines through. I know I'm not alone when I say that a lot of women strut down the street imagining themselves on a runway. Some outfits give you that extra spring in your step and make you feel amazing! Often these are the simple looks with a little something extra. This sort of look would work for pretty much anything. You could wear something like this for an afternoon lunch, a hot date or even a poetry reading. Whatever you pick out to wear make sure that if you are planning on having a good time, and that you feel great in what you're wearing. I find this is the best way to set the day off in a great way!


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this outfit. Those leggings are amazing, I saw them on missguided but didnt order as I didnt know what they'd look like. Definitely going to order them now that I've seen them on you, they're gorgeous xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey x these leggings are amazing you should definitely get them! Xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete