Tuesday 10 February 2015

Sparkly Kisses - A Glitter Lips Review!


Recently I have had some enquires about which beauty products I like to use. I will be sure to share some of my tips and tricks with you all in the very near future but for now I must talk about a product I discovered whilst at a fashion event. Admittedly I'm more of a gloss and balm girl when it comes to my lips but every so often I am looking to wear some fun and fresh lipsticks. A new style of lip-wear has reached us and with it comes that added shimmer and sparkle we have been missing! What am I talking about? Glitter Lips of course!

I first discovered this product when I attended the recent Cut For Evans launch held at the Marble Arch store here in London. Initially I tried out a lilac/pink shade as it matched my dress, I think this may have been the Molly Dolly colour. I fell in love with it! First of all I was seriously impressed by how life proof this stuff is! You can eat, drink, talk, smoke, whatever and this stuff stays on! It's really simple to apply and comes with a gummy style glue which you apply just the same as you would a basic lip gloss. It appears white on your lips and when it starts to go transparent you then apply the glitter powder to your lips. I really like the end result that you get with this product.

It's really easy to remove too all you need is some oil based make-up remover, but baby oil or Vaseline would work also. Simply add some to a cotton bud, wipe and hey presto you're glitter free! 


Selfie Taken The First Time I Tried Glitter Lips

I tend to go for blood red tones when selecting lipsticks. My love of vintage pinup fashion and beauty styles tends to be the main reason, also I  like how red works against my skin tone. This of course made me gravitate towards the Ruby Slippers shade when I bought my first Glitter Lips kit. This isn't the sort of lip make up I would wear on a daily basis, but this would be a lot of fun to wear out to a club or something or to add a little edge to a simple look. I may even try this out in a photoshoot or something. 

If you feel like trying out something a little different why not pick up a shade yourself? They're only £12.50 and in even better news there is an option to get free postage on the website! To find out more about Beauty Boulevard and their amazing Glitter Lips range, click here

Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!





6 comments:

  1. Oh wow these look absolutely GORGEOUS, they'd be perfect for a night out although I never go clubbing these days. Bit of a homebody! My friend has a business that sells these so I'm going to buy some from her as they look so lush on you :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura xx

      There are loads of cool colours and shades available also so there's something to suit everyone. You should definitely try it though they're a lot of fun to wear xx

      Delete
  2. Looking absolutely lovely my dear. You should do more beauty posts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isha that's really sweet I definitely want to do more so stY tuned x

      Delete
  3. Mayah - that colour is amazing on you! It really compliments you :) Never shy away from bright colours cos girl they are working for you! Saying that you look gorgeous all the time!!

    Kat xx

    www.henryskat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat thanks for such sweet compliments I really do appreciate it. Admittedly I tend to shy away from bright colours when it comes to makeup but I am trying to experiment and play around, glad you like how it looks x

      Delete