Monday 23 February 2015

Skorting It Out!


When I push myself out of my comfort zone the aim is to push my ideas of what I can achieve image-wise and it's also a way to test my confidence, and hopefully give myself an added boost. Not everyone feels comfortable doing this but it tends to work for me. We all have those areas that we don't like so much, in my case it's my upper arms and my thighs.

During a day of blogger mayhem with Hanna and Lucie which included taking tons of pics, fashion talk and playing dress up, the girls and I were each suggesting looks and styles that would work on each other. I had mentioned to Hanna that I wanted to play around with some fun and fresh looks and asked her to style an outfit for me to try out. As I have recently developed a love of Duster jackets she thought I might like to try one which was blue, black and grey. 3 colours that I love, can work with and enjoy wearing. 


Last summer my aim was to go out in the sun as much as possible without my arms covered. I know this may sound like a small thing but for me it was major! This year I want to play around with experimental styles and show a little more leg here and there. A recent item to hit the market is the skort, a cross between shorts and skirts. The great thing about this kind of an item is the fact that you can have the look and feel or a skirt that's short in length without the worry of having to constantly prise your legs together to conceal your undergarments. I find that feeling more free in your clothes can make the experience of wearing them a little more enjoyable. I had never tried a skort before but seeing as so many of my friends and fellow bloggers have been raving about them I thought I'd give it a try for myself. I'm wearing a size 26 from New Look Inspire, the particular one I'm wearing is no longer available but you can get a similar one here from Pink Clove



You all know my love of blue so I decided to pair the skort with a simple blue top and the Look Grid Jacket size 20 from Simplybe. Topped off with some black chunky heels from New Look and the main outfit was complete. Admittedly when I took these images I was experiencing a bad hair day so I pulled on one of my hair scarves. A bold and fun floral statement necklace from Daisy Eve was my only accessory and the look was complete. 



Despite having my legs exposed to just above the knee I felt pretty good in this outfit. I think that wearing items I felt great in combined with one that I was trying out was definitely fun, not only do I quite like the overall look achieved, I feel that if I find a good balance between being in and out of my comfort zone I will continue to push myself and in turn build on my confidence.


Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!


4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely great, I love this outfit and Hanna did a fabulous job in helping you to pick it out. Suits you so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look superb, I would love to invite you to publish at least 1 post on my fashion blog with your amazing style. You know what ladies like you are actually inspiration for others and show us ways to live life in our own desired life-style.

    Love you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stylo thanks for the compliment. Send me a link to your blog and i'll of course check it and see what we can do x

      Delete