Tuesday 24 February 2015

Lady Voluptuous - Vintage To The Max!


All Images Courtesy Of Lady Voluptuous

You all know the old saying, "the best things come to those who wait", the plus size community is one group of people who can really relate to this sentiment. It's no secret that beautiful, striking and interesting women have been hiding themselves away in tents for as long as we can remember. The choices open to us for clothing didn't really give us much more of an option. If we wanted to wear gorgeous and on trend items the chances of doing so were very slim or extremely expensive. In the past few years we have seen a massive change, women are climbing out of their shells, regaining their confidence and enjoying their bodies. The amazing thing about this is that the fashion industry is really starting to take notice!

Many of you who are familiar with my blog will know that I am one of those women who was very lost when it came to my body image. It was through seeing women who looked more like me showcasing their fashion finds and embracing their body confidence that my outlook and self perception started to change. One woman in particular who really struck a chord with me is the beautiful Georgina Horne AKA Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. A few years ago I started to follow plus size fashion and beauty blogs and Georgina's is one that I would always refer to and still do even today. When I first discovered Fuller Figure Fuller Bust I was on the hunt for vintage swing dresses. I had always loved the fashion and style and always wanted to see what one would look like on me... years of watching Greece on TV at Christmas will do that to you! I was always fascinated by the women of the era such as Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and many others and it was their fashion, beauty and sense of style that would often inspire me. Whilst scouring the blog pages I followed I came across some pictures of Georgina modelling for Lady Vintage and Collectif and I thought she looked amazing. After reading her detailed reviews I ventured out to see if I could find a swing dress that could work for me, my first purchase being from Vivien Of Holloway...

Even before making the choice to start my own blog I would always see what her tips were for bra and lingerie fittings and vintage clothing. It's fair to say that she has created quite a niche for herself among plus size fashion bloggers and fashion bloggers everywhere. When I think of vintage pinup looks she tends to be the first person to spring to mind for me. When I discovered a few days ago that Lady Vintage had approached her to create a new plus size clothing line with them I was so happy for her! To see another blogger be respected so highly by a brand that they love and have worked with previously was a really nice thing to witness. To me it showed me that the feedback given to brands from buyers and bloggers is really important to them. It's great to see that for the first time plus size women from sizes 16-32 are not the afterthought for a brand but the soul focus! 

Here's what Georgina had to say about the new label:
"When I was asked if I wanted to create a Vintage Inspired Plus Size line I didn't know how to react! Of course it was a yes but imagine being asked if you could have a dream made real - what a feeling! I adore retro inspired fashion pieces and I'm I believe that plus size fashion shouldn't be frumpy or boring, and so with this in mind I've tried my hardest to come up with pieces that will suit a variety of gorgeous voluptuous ladies. The names of the items come from female characters that I adore in books and plays and films and musicals, and I'd love to think those women would wear my creations if they could."

I can't wait to see what else is to come from the collection! I have already made my first purchase, (I couldn't resist a gorgeous Cosette Dress) you will of course get a full review as soon as I take some pics.

For now here is the amazing new collection from Lady Voluptuous:
















Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment