Friday 6 February 2015

Pastel Infusion - A Cut For Evans Review


One of the hardest things for me is finding ways to make simple casual styles fun and enjoyable to wear. I have a lot of fun getting all glammed up and I find that it's easier for me to have fun with glamours looks. I think that because I had previously spent years in simple jeans and uninspiring tops that when it comes to playing around with basics I can often fall back into old habits I have spent time trying to break. 

My old style consisted of mostly black clothes including  a lot of t-shirts, bootcut jeans and fairly boring items. Last year my mission was to fill my wardrobe with wild and garish prints, bright colours and interesting fabrics. The Cut For Evans range that launched early last year really intrigued me. Full of interesting neon tones, wild patterns and interesting cuts, I just had to grab an item from the collection and so I opted for the tube skirt in the collection. Check out how I styled it here



The second collection from the Cut range which launched at the end of the last year brought with it a very different style to the previous collection. This time a different design team and a different approach brought us a more subtle range which still held the edginess of the original Cut For Evans Collection. There was a large selection of items that still contained wild and interesting prints, interesting shapes and fun outer wear. 
At the launch event for the second collection I tried on several items and, one that most of the women were drooling over; myself included was the amazing Purple Digital Bomber Jacket! Bomber jackets are a really fun way of adding a large burst of colour or different dimension to complete an outfit. When I want to wear something that provides a decent amount of coverage but serves as part of the outfit I gravitate towards fun jackets and blazers.



The kaleidoscopic pattern with an infusion of purple and blue pastel colours seriously caught my attention. I love purples and blues as you all know and this piece serves as a funky and stylish casual item that can be dressed up or down. I picked up the jacket in a size 26. Despite being a soft and stretchy fabric, the upper arm area of the jacket has very little stretch so if like me you have large arms you may wish to size up for this one. I decided to wear this one with the indigo super stretch denim jeans, also available from Evans. In keeping with the pastel theme of the look I put these items together with a simple mesh tee from Primark and the main look was complete. 


Being that I have problematic hair I have built up quite a collection of hair scarves and bandanas for those dodgy hair days lol. When I found an old lilac bandana that I bought about a hundred years ago I was really happy to see that the shade matched the bomber perfectly! My signature hoop earrings are always a must and a simple drop necklace finished off the look. I really look forward to wearing this jacket with some of my spring and summer items. I love the colours and I just think that it can add that little colour that's lacking this time of year but be in keeping with the flowery tones that pop up during the warmer times of the year. 


This look sees me bringing elements of my old style together with key features that I now embrace in my new look. Those of you who are familiar with my blog will know that I love experimenting and playing around with some of the older items in my wardrobe. If you have that odd tee or jacket you really love have a play around with other items in the wardrobe and your accessory drawer. You'll be surprised what options you have and what cool looks you might come up with! 

Remember whatever you wear, feel fabulous in it and wear it with a smile!

8 comments:

  1. lovely outfit, you look great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking gorgeous! I LOVE that jacket!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Laura xx Everyone I've seen wear it looks fab in it! Such a great piece xx

      Delete
  3. Looking absolutely gorgeous babe! :) <3

    Lucie xx
    Fatbeautyx | Plus Size Fashion & Beauty Blogger & Vlogger

    ReplyDelete